Rome, Italy

Ospedale Gozzadini

The Ospedale Gozzadini in Bologna (via Masserenti, 11) is a children’s hospital built between 1904 and 1914 by Art Nouveau architect Leonida Bertolazzi and now a part of the Policlinico Sant’Orsola-Malpighi.

Four caryatids on the main facade uphold the latin inscription: “CARITAS SCIENTIA PRO PARVULIS” (Charity and Science for Children).

Three memorial tablets remember some of the scientific facilities of the Institution, with with their respective years of foundation:

  • Anti-poliomyelitis Center (1939)
  • Antitubercular prophylaxis center (1939)
  • Nutrition Center (1950)
  • Center for Rheumatic and Congenital Heart Diseases (1952)
  • Cerebral spasticity Center (1955)
Ospedale Gozzadini, Bologna - 01.JPG
Photos by Luca Borghi (June 2009)
Ospedale Gozzadini, Bologna - 02.JPG
Photos by Luca Borghi (June 2009)
Ospedale Gozzadini, Bologna - 03.JPG
Photos by Luca Borghi (June 2009)
Ospedale Gozzadini, Bologna - 04.JPG
Photos by Luca Borghi (June 2009)
Ospedale Gozzadini, Bologna - 05.JPG
Photos by Luca Borghi (June 2009)
  • Photos by Luca Borghi @ (June 2009)

In the entrance hall some monumental memories remember some key figures in the history of the Hospital:

Scroll to Top